Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cormegas visualitet

Cory McKays visulitet är oefterhärmlig, emedan så enkel och verklighetsbunden. Detta paras med hans säregna rimtäthet:

"Your blood stained the pavement like paint from a portrait I painted
Your mom saw the coffin and fainted
You're swimming with the sharks and the water is tainted
If you feel it in your heart bring it, my infra red beam is on your head
My desert eagle severs people when I squeeze it"

Varför saknar ett stort antal rappare denna visualitet, denna kvalitet som gör att deras ord lyfter? Kanske har de inte sett det de beskriver, vilket ger svikande detaljkänsla, och med detta bristande trovärdighet. På Thun & Kicko ger McKay kommentar dessa beklagliga halv-artister (och uppvisar ett rått bildspråk, jämförligt med när han i Dead Man Walking tar emot urladdningen från en Magnum 44 i bröstet på sin skottsäkra väst och klagar på att "the impact hurt my fucking flesh / fucked up my avirex and made my neighbors upset"):

"Who's tale you tellin'? are you frail or felon?
were you makin' sales or watchin' niggas sellin'?
you exploit niggas lives in your rhymes and then avoid 'em
you never felt the moisture in the air of coke boilin'
you never felt the razor scrapin' your plate
your hands achin' yet you keep choppin' 'cause theres paper to make
you never felt the power of invincibility
clutchin' a gun like fuck it dun, it's him or me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home